We have extensive experience in medical malpractice litigation and claim resolution. Mr. Rubin has successfully resolved dozens of medical malpractice cases, gaining millions of dollars of recoveries by settlements or judgments for our clients against hospitals, physicians, surgeons, nurses, nursing homes, clinics, and corporations providing medical care.
If you suspect that you or a loved one have been incorrectly or negligently treated, subjected to medication errors, received delayed or improper treatment, suffered unexplained illness or injury after surgery, suffered anesthesia errors or have suffered otherwise unexplained effects of medical treatment, please contact us. If you feel that you or a loved one was mistreated, made ill, injured or otherwise harmed by a medical professional, call us immediately.
FACT: Only a small sliver of medical malpractice is ever prosecuted and, regrettably, juries turn down plaintiffs’ claims more than two-thirds of the time as a matter of national averages. Thus, a qualified and experienced medical malpractice attorney in your corner is crucial.
DO NOT DELAY: Unfortunately, medical professionals have many advantages in these cases, and our legislature has seen fit to give doctors a devastating weapon against many, many claims--a two-year statute of limitations and no “discovery rule” to extend the deadline for filing beyond two years, except in very limited circumstances.Thus, speed in obtaining counsel is crucial, and perhaps more important in this area than in any other.
WHY DO YOU NEED US? Because the defendants have many important advantages over you!
- The negligent doctor, nurse, or hospital is always represented by excellent lawyers on its staff or constantly has counsel available!
- The Legislature has already limited the damages a jury may award you. This is unconstitutional, but still the law until appellate courts overturn these provisions.
- In medical malpractice, there are no disinterested witnesses–no independent witnesses.The defendants are “in league” against any MM claimant.
- In most cases you don’t know what happened and cannot testify credibly on many aspects of your case.
Perhaps most important, the only records to go on are produced and kept only by the defendants themselves!
In order to hold a negligent physician, hospital or other health care provider liable, a review by both attorneys and consulting doctors must be performed usually upon thousands of pages of medical records.This takes time and thus we implore you to call us as soon as you believe you or a loved one may have a claim.A negligent health care provider should be held liable for the suffering he or she caused you.You are legally entitled to receive damages for your injuries, pain, suffering, lost wages (past and future), and more.Click on the button above or e-mail us and we will promptly respond, meet with you personally, and promptly begin a valuable evaluation of your case.
Some of the claims that we have successfully prosecuted against health care providers include:
- At-birth injuries, including cerebral palsy
- Nursing home neglect/abuse, including inadequate staffing
- Overprescription of narcotics
- Prescription errors
- Surgical mishaps
- Delayed diagnoses or misdiagnoses
- Inadequate patient monitoring
- Mistakes in the administration of anesthesia
- Improper choice of surgical procedure
- Missed sponge counts
- Improper patient transfers
Medical malpractice suits are complex and extremely expensive to pursue.Medical expert testimony is required, meaning that doctors must be hired to advise and to testify as to whether mistakes actually rises to the level of medical malpractice.Economic experts may also be needed to determine the extent of damages caused by the negligence.The Rubin Law Firm has the experience and financial resources needed to handle medical malpractice cases.We are frequently sought out by other attorneys to represent clients on a referral or co-counsel basis.